- Shrinking budgets, overcrowded dockets, and offenders who do not comply with court orders;
- Limited compliance from offenders who violate court orders during pretrial and post-sentence
- Backlogs of re-arrest orders
- Fewer resources to effectively supervise offenders, return violators to courts, and collect fines and fees
- Repeat offenders with anger management issues, substance abuse, domestic violence violations, and other behavioral issues who struggle to reenter the community;
- Limited programs for alternatives to jail, forcing courts to rely on county jails to sanction low-risk, non-compliant offenders.
Effective services to meet these challenges can lessen dockets, minimize court order violations, enhance collections, and reduce recidivism. Courts that address these challenges can meet community expectations more consistently and create greater appreciation and respect for their efforts.
Judges and their courts benefit from:
- Reliable and effective assistance with all essential offender program services;
- Understanding offenders and holding them accountable while and providing positive behavioral change programs;
- Pretrial programs to manage offenders and keep the community safe;
- Monitoring services and programs that provide safe alternatives to jail for nonviolent and low-risk offenders;
- Reliable products and services to ensure compliance
- Reliable, proven systems for compliance with court orders and immediate follow-up for violations and;
- Community sentencing options that offer real assistance to probation violators
- Community-based cognitive skills programs that offer training to address issues that contribute to criminal behavior, including substance abuse, employment, aggressive, violence, poor decision-making, substandard education
Day Reporting Centers
A Partnership that Benefits Courts, Communities, and Participants
- Sentinel Success Centers provide programs for probation violators, sentenced misdemeanant offenders, high-risk pre-trial defendants and drug court clients;
- Success Centers have effectively reduced the number of victims of crime and associated costs of those crimes, creating safer communities and fewer victims;
- Success Centers have a proven track record of lowering expenses for prosecution, law enforcement and incarceration, creating a more effective and efficient court system, and;
- Sentinel Success Centers keep fees reasonable for participants while providing proven behavioral interventions that enhance the lives of participants and their families.